It is very easy to download and run Apache Jmeter tool on windows. First of all i would like to introduce to you about Apache Jmeter is open source performance testing tool. Using this tool you can test the performance of Web Application and API.
Step to Install and run Jmeter tool:
- For running Jmeter tool on windows operating System you must have install java (JDK8 for current Jmeter version) in your operating system Click here to download JDK for windows and all operating system. If you have 32bit OS the install Windows x86 if you have 64bit OS then install Windows x64.
- After Java installation Open command prompt and type java -version and user should get version as below in figure.
- After java installation you should set java path in system variables for setting java path in system variables go to control Panel > System and Security > System and Click on Advanced System Setting after that click on Environment Variables now double click on path under System variables after that paste the java path (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin) after placing semicolon at last and click on OK.
- Now Click here to download Jmeter. there are two kind of Keys But you have to download Binaries and in binaries you have to download apache-jmeter-version.zip.
4. Now extract apache-jmeter folder from .zip file and open bin folder in bin folder ‘Double click’ on jmeter.bat file and you can get the GUI of jmeter.